Taking Care of the People Who Take Care of the People
The Crossroads Center has announced several exciting new benefits, incentives and process improvements provided to team members. Jamahal C. Boyd, Sr. Chief Executive Officer, promised when he arrived at The Crossroads Center that the agency would "Take care of the people who take care of the people" and become a competitive employer of choice in the region and beyond. Here are some significant steps taken toward fulfilling that promise.
- In November, a new PPO health plan was added to the current high-deductable health plan with HSA giving team members greater choice and flexibility in their health care options.
- The Board of Trustees and Executive Team have approved a 3% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for all The Crossroads Team Members. This change will take place in January of 2020.
- Also effective January 2020, the agency will be moving to a bi-weekly pay schedule from a semi-monthly pay schedule providing more a more consistent pay schedule for team member financial planning.
- A new performance appraisal system is in the works and scheduled to be launched by July 2020. This process will become the foundation for bonuses and merit pay increases.
- The Crossroads Center is moving from separate sick time and vacation time to a PTO bank that will give team members more flexibility with how they take the time off that they have earned.
- Financial Wellness classes are being offered by Key Bank every month in 2020. These classes will be offered to both The Crossroads Center team members and the community, helping us fulfill our mission to "serve our community to the best of our ability." Class topics will include budgeting, debt management, understanding credit, investing, identity protection, homeownership, and several others.
- Finally, The Crossroads Center team member count has increased from 64 in July to a current 79. These additions to the team have created the margin team members need to provide EXCELLENCE as we deliver our mission.
Our team members are the epicenter of how we serve our community. Investing in them is an investment in our mission. If you know someone who should consider being a part of The Crossroads Center Team, point them to the careers section of our website to keep an eye on opening which might be a fit.